Why get dressed up and go out to a salon, when you can get the same benefits, and remain comfortable in your own space. The following masks are a few I found in my search for great skin with ingredients we all have in our refrigerator and pantry.
These DIY facial recipes are super easy, good enough to eat and only take a few minutes to prepare. Great skin is only a kitchen away!
Papaya, Avocado Banana Facial (to moisturize)
1. Mash the banana, avocado and papaya just enough so you have a nice smooth paste that you can apply to your face without it running off
2. Spread the paste gently and equally with your fingertips on your clean face and neck; keep the eye area clear. Then lie down, relax and leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes
3. Then wash off mask with alternately cold and warm water and end with a splash of cold; pat your skin dry with a clean towel. Finally apply a moisturizer, this way you “seal” your skin to keep the water inside
Yogurt, Honey, Oats Banana Facial (anti-aging)
2 Tablespoons plain unflavored Yogurt, with active cultures
1 Tablespoon Organic Honey
1. Warm up the honey until it becomes liquid (not too hot!) by putting it in a small glass or metal bowl which is immersed in hot water. Mash the banana, add the other ingredients and mix everything well until you have a smooth paste (add either oatmeal flour or water to get the right consistency)
2. Spread the paste gently and equally with a facial mask brush or spatula on your clean face and neck; keep the eye area clear. Lie down, relax and leave mask on for 20 minutes.
3. Then wash off mask with lukewarm water; pat your skin dry with a clean towel.